While the peak of summer is here, I certainly don't feel it in Portland, Oregon! It's nice and chilly here which is a nice change of pace from the humid North Carolina climate. We just wrapped up our cross-country road trip (North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and Oregon!) Whew! It was way more enjoyable than I anticipated for 45 hours of driving! I should note that Austin did most of the driving, haha. This month will be a rough one for me as Austin and I start our long distance marriage for a few months! Luckily, I have two trips home to Kentucky this month for a family wedding and a long weekend with my mom and dad, so I have some things to look forward to. I've only cried 5 times already, so thoughts and prayers are appreciated over the next few months.
- Bring my banjo home from Kentucky and start taking lessons
- Finish reading the Crazy Rich Asian series and then see the movie! I'm on the second book and loving the whole series and am so excited for the film!!
- Book a trip to visit Austin for a week in October
- Go on a spending embargo for the whole month from spending any money on clothes or things I don't need (exception: $1 tacos :))
- Run outside a couple mornings a week before work